One of the original concepts for the San Diego Century was the “Three Mountain Tour” and the proximity of the routes to 3 of Southern California’s most well known peaks.
The San Diego Century tours three mountains: Mt Israel, Black Mountain and Mount Woodson.
All three distances 33, 67 or 105 will do a complete circle around Mt. Israel.
If you select the 67 or 105 mile routes you will also tour Black Mountain, with the Three Witches Climb up the North side.
For those who take on the challenge of the 105 mile course, you’ll tour the beautiful vistas and climbs on the shoulder of Mount Woodson in Ramona.
There are also some touring highlights in North County:
The Seven Jewels of North County
- Stone Brewing Co. (all riders) – No Stopping!
- Lake Hodges (all riders) – Almost Full – Hurrah!
- The Estates of Rancho Santa Fe (all riders)
- The Three Witches Climb of Fairbanks Ranch (67 & 105)
- The Descent from Black Mountain (67 & 105) – The Best View in North County
- The Purple Monster Climb & Descent (105) – You Will Earn These Views
- The Ramona Valley Viewpoint (105) – Come Back and Hike It!
Spectacular scenery, great support, climbing challenges and fun are all part of these classic rides around the Elfin Forest, Lake Hodges and up to Ramona.
We hope you enjoy the beautiful sights along with the course challenges on June 3, 2017!