Congratulations to David, Danny, Karen, Kathleen, Adam, Johnny, Megan, Rosario!
They are the 5/20 winners in our “Where are your hill climbs for training?”
See their winning answers below….
Thanks to everyone who participated, what a great collection of climbs and rides! See all the answers here on the San Diego Century website, and on the Facebook page for the San Diego Century.
The winners received one item from the following:
- one of the 2013 San Diego Century jerseys designed at BettyDesigns.com
- a free ride entry for any distance: 103, 66, or 37 miles or the NEW Tri-City 25 mile route.
- Revolution Bike Shop water bottles
- Revolution Bike Shop t-shirt.
- official San Diego Century t-shirts and hats
The San Diego Century is less than 2 weeks away, are you ready?
Good job Riders, keep on climbing!
David wrote: “Just did 32 mile Tour Of Long Beach. Put in some miles along the beach and riverbed. San Diego here I come. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/311220335”
Danny wrote: “Santa Susanna Pass, Simi Valley CA http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/282036515?utm_campaign=share”
Karen wrote: “Bike MS ride through Sedona, AZ!”
Kathleen wrote: “Who needs hills? Chicago has wind”
Adam wrote: “Turnbull Canyon, Whittier CA,(Gates of Hell, Athel & Descending Dr)”
Johnny wrote: From Rancho Santa Fe road, head up San Elijo continue straight to Twin Oaks Valley and down the other side. Turn around at Starbucks and head back up. If you are feeling good, go into Double Peak park. I love this ride — straight line, smooth steady hills (except the park of course). Over 5,000′ in 25 miles.
Megan wrote: In Santa Barbara where my team and I are from:
1) Old San Marcos Pass (2.97 miles, 1144ft elevation, 7.3% grade)
2) Chumash Painted Cave (2.31 miles, 1108ft elevation, 9.1% grade)
3) Highway 192 (usually hop on it for 10-20 miles, grades range between 2% and 6%). Bring on the Three Witches and Purple Monster!!!
Rosario wrote: I ride my bike around Escondido and San Marcos almost everyday to work. But the most to exercise , I want to get to the san Diego century to prove my self and people I can do this . I don’t know for how long I can keep, but I love it and i want keep doing it for a long time.!!!