Along with our sister race Bike the Coast – Taste the Coast, we are committed to providing you with an event that is safe, well-organized and personally rewarding. Now, we are also committed to reducing the environmental impact of our event. We can’t promise to be totally green and without impact, but we have a goal, we’ve made a commitment, and we are determined to do what we can.
We invite you to join us in this goal in those ways that you feel are appropriate. If you can join us in this effort, we will try to have some direct benefits for you. And as athletes you know that, with a commitment and determination, and the support of a team, no goal is out of reach.
Some of our GREEN efforts:
• Recycle and correctly dispose of all event waste
• Avoid use of plastic bottles, bags and containers
• Arrange for surplus food to be donated to local organizations for re-use
• Work to make all rider benefits re-usable
• Work with public transportation to make it possible to train or bus to and from the event.
Watch for more information on our e-mail, and social sites about specific actions we are taking and things you can do to help us reach our goals.