2015 FINAL INSTRUCTIONS (PART 2)
The team for the San Diego Century will be rolling out all the final logistics & details between now and May 28. Please watch your emails and the website for the latest updates and instructions.
EMAIL & UPDATE SCHEDULE FOR THIS PAGE
- MAY 26: PART 2 (COURSE UPDATE)
- MAY 28: PART 3 (FINAL UPDATES, PHOTOS, FOOD TRUCKS)
ON-LINE REGISTRATION CLOSED! Limited slots available to late register at Revolution Bike Store on Friday noon-7pm or MCC on Saturday 6am-8am IF NOT SOLD OUT ON PERMIT CAPACITY. First come, first served.
WEBSITE/EMAIL/PHONE SUPPORT: PLEASE review all email and website materials as that is our most reliable support for 95% of questions in the remaining days until May 30. We can respond in limited fashion via phone/email, and will of course be available in person on May 29 and May 30 for last minute questions.
KEY ITEMS TO WATCH: Please review waivers. Course distances and routes are very similar to 2014. The course maps and cue sheets are updated on the website (NOTE: 105 mile route will have an updated location for aid station #5, cue sheet final, GPS map updated May 27) . Please pay attention to the START TIMES/WAVES! Please review support cutoff times and prepare accordingly!
NOTE FOR ALL COURSES:
The 2015 San Diego Century Bike Ride will be held on Saturday May 30, 2015, rain or shine.
- You must check in and pick up your bike number and course ID wristband
- FRIDAY May 29 – Revolution Bike Store, 235 S. Coast Highway 101, Solana Beach from noon to 7:00pm. Parking is available at CVS Pharmacy, one block south of Revolution.
- SATURDAY May 30 – MiraCosta College (MCC), 3333 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff (Encinitas) between 6:00am and 8:00am.
- WAIVERS – All riders MUST sign two waivers at check-in before being issued a number.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY PICK-UP – Packets MAY be picked-up for pre-registrants if they present the following at Packet Pick-up/Registration:
Friday, May 29
12pm – 7pm: Packet pick-up & registration (please let friends know that walk-up registrations are extremely limited, and it is best to register online as soon as possible)
Revolution Bike Shop
235 S. Hwy 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Mon-Fri 10am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 11am – 4pm
Saturday, May 30
6am – 8am: Packet pick-up for all riders at the event START/FINISH on the campus of
3333 Manchester Ave
Cardiff-by-the-Sea CA 92007 (Encinitas)
MAPS: Please go to the website at http://sandiegocentury.eventmediainc.com/course-maps/ to download the Course Map and Course Description/Mileage Points.
- PRE-PURCHASED CLOTHING – Pick up your order at the Merchandise Booth during registration 12-7pm on Friday or on Saturday 6am-4pm.
- SDC T-SHIRT, JERSEY & HAT – Logoed SDC clothing will be available for purchase Friday & Saturday at the Expo.
- FINISHERS AWARD – All riders receive a medal after crossing the Finish Line.
- TASTE THE HILLS FINISH PARTY – All registered riders who participate in the event will receive $5 in coupons for food from “Taste the Hills” gourmet food trucks. You will receive them with your medal upon finishing. Please bring extra money WITH YOU for additional food purchases.
IMPORTANT START TIMES – RIDERS WILL BE SENT OFF IN WAVE STARTS
6:00am – First 100 mile wave released
6:45am – Last 100 mile wave.
6:45am – First 67 mile wave
7:15am – Last 67 mile wave.
7:15am – First 33 mile wave
7:30am – Last 33 mile wave.
SUPPORT CUTOFFS & CLOSING TIMES – The finish is CLOSED AT 5:30PM.
Aid SAG stations along the course closing times:
16 mile @ 10:30am
29 mile @ 11:30am
42 mile @ 12:30pm
66 mile @ 3:30pm
80 mile @ 4:30pm
Riders unable to maintain pace on the course should make personal provisions for aid and SAG to be available past these times.
FINISH LINE FOOD/EXPO: 10am – 5 pm -We will also be announcing more information for food truck vendors and the finish line expo along with photo options.
5:30 pm: Course closed.
- SUPPORT – There are on-course mechanical & SAG aid as well as SAG/aid stations on course. For serious emergencies during the ride call 911, for mechanical breakdown (if race vehicle has not stopped for you) call the event dispatcher (phone # available on event day). This is an answering service and we will attend to your needs as quickly as possible.
- BACK-UP PLAN – Please make arrangements with family/friends to be picked up if you can’t finish the ride. The ride shuttle is slow and can take a while before it reaches any given SAG stop.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- This is a BIKE RIDE not a race and is held on an OPEN ROAD with motor vehicles. All riders must follow the RULES OF THE ROAD and all regulations as defined in the California vehicle code.
- Participants must follow all instructions of law enforcement and/or fire officials. All Public Safety vehicles have right of way at all times.
- All numbered riders MUST be wearing a bike number on the course.
- We strongly suggest you bring at least TWO water bottles FULL of water/fluid as well as a cell phone.
- Use the toilets provided at the SAG Stops only, please!
- All riders must stay on the right hand side of the road, not cross the centerline and should ride single file.
- If a rider cannot continue, he/she should move to a safe place off the road and signal a race vehicle for assistance OR CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED.
- In consideration of your safety, do not wear earpieces in both ears during the ride.
PLEASE RIDE SAFELY AND BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS
– HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ON THE BIKE! –