The Lucky 13 Contest is part of the San Diego Century presented by Tri-City Medical Center. Lucky 13 participants will have the opportunity to train for and complete the Tri-City 25 Mile course at the San Diego Century on Saturday, June 1.
Have you overcome significant health challenges and always wanted to participate in a bike ride event, but never had the chance to do so? Would you like the opportunity to receive professional training to participate in the 2013 San Diego Century? If so, enter for your chance to be one of the Lucky 13 chosen to participate in this excellent program.
Tri-City Medical Center, Tri-City Wellness Center, Revolution Bike Shop and the San Diego Century are making it possible for up to thirteen (13) lucky North County residents who would like to train for and complete an organized 25 mile cycling event to achieve their fitness goals by offering training and fitness that includes:
– 8-week membership for the official training program of the Tri-City 25 Mile Course at the San Diego Century with the support of Tri-City Wellness Center, Revolution Bike Shop and San Diego Century coaches
– Entry into the San Diego Century for the Tri-City 25 Mile Course
– T-Shirt for the San Diego Century
Participant must be able to commit to the workouts required for the training program.
All Lucky 13 participants are required to complete at least 2 to 4 self managed workouts per week at the direction of the program coach.
All Lucky 13 participants are required to attend the Saturday group bike rides and informational seminars/clinics beginning April 6, 2013.
Saturday morning group rides will be as follows:
– The Saturday morning group bike ride will meet at a designated time at the Tri-City Wellness Center in Carlsbad or Revolution Bike Shop in Solana Beach.
Lucky 13 Application & Contest Official Rules:
1. Eligibility: The Lucky 13 application for the San Diego Century presented by Tri-City Medical Center is open to legal residents of North San Diego County (defined as any area north of Solana Beach and west of Escondido) over the age of 18. Submitting an application constitutes contest entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. Contest Period: The entry period begins March 18, 2013 and ends midnight on April 1, 2013.
3. Application & Contest Entry Instructions: During the application period, you may apply online at http://sandiegocentury.eventmediainc.com/goal-getter-training-programs-tri-city-25-mile-course/ or in person at Tri-City Wellness Center located at: 6250 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA. Limit one (1) application/contest entry per person.
4. Tri-City Wellness Center: Approaches fitness and health from a medically integrated perspective. The Center offers personalized health assessments and personal training in addition to the medical component of cardiac rehabilitation and physical and occupational therapy. The 58,000 square-foot complex offers a wide variety of exercise options, including an aquatic center with a 25-meter lap pool and warm water therapy pool, personal training, Pilates and group exercise studios, and weight-training facilities. It also features a Zen garden and a healthy café.
5. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grant to Event Media Inc. (organizer of the San Diego Century) Tri-City Medical Center and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all rights, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purpose, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner . Where necessary, the selected winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five(5) business days of attempted notifications or the winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner selected.
6. Training: As a condition of application and entry into the Contest, each winner has agreed to participate in fitness training provided by San Diego Century coaches beginning April 6, 2013 through June 1, 2013 and must sign all necessary documents and waivers which will be provided before training will commence. All Contest winners must receive a health assessment, provided by Tri-City Wellness Center, prior to beginning any training. All Contest winners MUST participate in the Tri-City 25 Mile Course at the San Diego Century on June 1, 2013, unless medically unfit.
7. Selection of Contest Winners: The potential winners (13) will be selected based on compelling stories submitted by midnight July 5, 2013. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period. The potential winners will be notified via email address or phone number submitted.
8. Prizes: Up to a total of 13 prizes will be awarded, with organizers reserving the right to limit or extend awards solely at their discretion. Each Contest winner will receive entrance into the Tri-City 25 Mile Course at the 2013 San Diego Century, 8 weeks of membership in the Goal Getter Coaching Program, free required health assessment, group training provided by San Diego Century coaches and a San Diego Century t-shirt.
9. General Rules: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Event Media, Inc and Tri-City Medical Center, which are final and binding in all aspects.
10. Sponsors: This Contest is sponsored by Tri-City Medical Center, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside 92056, Tri-City Wellness Center, the San Diego Century and Revolution Bike Shop.