Here are 11 Ride Ideas to help kick off your cycling in 2011. We’ve worked with our partners and researched bicycle sources to provide cycling ideas and resources for just about everyone, with three New Year’s day rides in San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange County.
1. January 19th, Trek Bicycle Superstore, La Mesa. Ride your first, or your fastest century with this well organized and well supported group training for the San Diego Century on May 21, 2011. No charge to join one, or all of the 18 weekend group rides and prepare for 103 miles.
2. January 1, 2011: Borrego Springs Century with 22 to 100 mile distances.
3. January 1, 2011: Orange County New Year’s Day Ride is a “go with the flow” event. Check out the details and join the group as they speed through Orange County.
4. January 1, 2011: Check out the easy and fun LA Brewery Ride with the crew out of the Flying Pigeon in LA.
5. Design your own California century with one of these well travelled routes.
6. Check out the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition calendar for club rides, training rides and group rides.
7. The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition calendar will tie you into a host of LA cycling options.
8. Stay out of the rain with Stationary Cycling Classes at the San Diego Trek Bicycle Superstores in Vista and La Mesa.
9. Socalcycling.com has a great set of group ride options for Southern California.
10. Put your Garmin to use finding more routes, friends and a little competition at Strava.com, wherever you are in the world this holiday season.
11. Can your cell phone, smartphone, iPhone, Android or BlackBerry do more than you thought it could? We think you’ll say “YES!” if you check out Endomondo.com for new routes and a way to connect with more riding friends everywhere there’s a road or trail.
Have more ideas? Please leave a comment and share them with us!